Summer 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday; Rec Center 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday - Saturday
This park has a tot lot for children ages 2 - 5, a fitness path, and a splash pad.
The splash pad is a great way to spend time with family and friends year round! Groups of 10 or more are required to pre-register and may be required to pay group fees prior to visiting; for information on group reservations, please contact the site directly. Access may change or splash pads may close due to inclement weather, unsafe conditions, maintenance, or special events; please call ahead to verify availability. At Capehart Park, children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper; swim diapers are available in the office for $2 each (exact change only).
Daily 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (March – October)
Daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (November – February)
Summer Camp Scooter Lottery Registration is open March 17 through March 31; visit the recreation center to submit your child’s information for the lottery drawing.
- Lottery winners get first choice to reserve their weeks.
- If selected you must reserve your spot with the first week's fee. This is due by April 8, 2019.
- Weekly payments are due by Friday for the following program week.
- For any remaining spots, beginning April 9th program registration is first come, first served.
If selected in the lottery, you will need to bring:
- School Board letter indicating lunch program status or proof of qualification of food stamps if you are applying for discount.
- First week’s payment.
Summer Camp Scooter will be June 3 through August 2, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday (closed for the July 4 holiday). Open to children in grades K (must have completed kindergarten) – 5th.
Summer Camp Scooter Fees:
- $80 per week/per child
- $75 per week/each additional child
- $60 per week for youth qualifying for Reduced Lunch Program
- $50 per week for youth qualifying for Free Lunch Program
- $25 per week for youth qualifying for Food Stamps
- $20 per week non-county resident fee (additional cost)
Ballet (ages 2 - 4 and 5+) with Always in Motion Dance Center
- Little Scooters
- Parents Night Out (grades K - 5) is held on the following Fridays 6 - 10 p.m.: May 10. Registration deadline is the Wednesday prior to event; space is limited. Cost: $10 per child.
- Seido Karate
- Zumba for Kids (ages 4 - 13)
- Rec Squad After School 2018 - 2019 for Chickasaw Elementary: this program is after school for grades K - 5th until 6 p.m. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Weekly costs: $30 regular, $20 on reduced lunch, $15 on free lunch or $7.50 on food stamps. Meals and snacks provided for all youth by Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
- Line Dancing is a fun way to get moving! Join us for the Beginner class on Tuesdays 6 - 7 p.m. or the Intermediate classes on Monday and Fridays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cost: $5 per class.
- Seido Karate