The Little Econ Greenway Trail behind University High School will be CLOSED until further notice. A detour route is in place via Lokanotosa Trail and Rouse Road; please follow the detour signs.
This paved trail extends 7.4 miles from the intersection of Alafaya Trail and Lokanotosa Trail, through Jay Blanchard Park, to Forsyth Road. The Trail features riverside recreation, picnicking, wildlife watching and canoe trails. There is available parking/access areas at Jay Blanchard Park, Econ Soccer Complex, Arcadia Acres and on Harrel Road, just north of Colonial Drive. There is also a paved trailhead on the north side of S.R. 50, just east of Goldenrod Road. The LEG will eventually extend 10 miles linking the University of Central Florida to the Cady Way Trail, then to the Cross Seminole Trail system, through the city of Oviedo and back to Blanchard Park.
Little Econ Greenway pocket map
Be Trail Smart: Follow These Guidelines
- Trails are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Plan your route and inform others of your destination.
- Buddy up: travel with a friend.
- Carry a cell phone so you can communicate and access trail maps.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not use head phones.
- Helmets are required by law for all bicyclists under age 16 and are recommended for everyone.
- Bicycles must follow all traffic laws of the State of Florida and obey all traffic controls and signals (Florida Statutes 316.2065). All users must yield at crossings and intersections.
- Give a clear warning signal when passing.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Use the nearest yellow Emergency Response System Marker to pinpoint your location. Call 911 for emergencies. Call 311 for information and to report non-emergency issues.
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must maintain control and yield to walkers and runners. Using skateboards, bikes and skates on any fixture other than the trail is prohibited.
- Pets must be controlled on a leash no greater than 6 feet. Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Notice of consent to inspection: Every person entering an Orange County Park, upon request by an enforcement officer shall exhibit the contents of any container. Compliance with such a request is a condition of entry to a Park (Orange County Code Sections 29-56 & 29-57).
- No motorized vehicles except law enforcement, emergency responders and maintenance vehicles. Electric mobility devices are permitted by persons with mobility related disabilities.