This page explains the basic requirements for submitting a permit application for tents used for commercial purposes.
Minimum Submission Requirements for Tent permits.
- A Site plan or Survey showing the dimensions and location of the alteration. For questions regarding the requirements for a site plan, plot plan or survey please contact the Zoning Division at Zoning@ocfl.net or call 407-836-3111.
- All property lines
- Total number of tents proposed
- Size of each tent
- Purpose of the tents (i.e. for outdoor dining, fireworks, Christmas tree sales, etc.)
- Duration of the tent (how long will the tent be up for – up date and down date)
- Proposed locations of the tent (or tents), with the dimensions of each tent shown.
- Any seating that will be located under the tent (location and total number of seats)
- Portable restroom contract or notarized letter from the property owner allowing the use of restrooms; these must be handicap accessible.
- A completed Fast Track permit application. The application online must have all required fields (*) completed to include the owners estimated value.
- Application Page 2. Prior to permit issuance, a completed Page 2 of the Building Permit Application must be signed, notarized, and uploaded by the contractor and the owner. This form is required when the estimated value exceeds $2,500.00.
- Notice of Commencement. Before the first inspection, a Notice of Commencement (PDF)shall be filed with the Orange County Recording Department, and a certified copy must be uploaded to Fast Track.
- Notice: Tents over 901 square feet will require an additional review by the Fire Marshal.
- Other permits may also be required, including but not limited to signage, temporary living quarters for a watchman, etc.
A licensed contractor will be required to accept permit issuance. An owner-builder may act as Contractor under Exemption to F.S. 489.103(7)(a).