Submission requirements and instructions
- Complete and submit an application for a Roof Permit on Fast Track. See the Fast Track Training Videos for detailed instructions.
- Homeowners doing their own work are required to complete an
Owner Builder Disclosure Statement. Please view the
Owner-Builder Online Permitting instructions.
- If value of work exceeds $2,500, a Notice of Commencement is required.
- The following information is required for permit issuance.
- Building Class: New or Old
- Type of Building: Residential, Commercial or Mobile Home
- Type of Work: New, Addition, Repair or Re-Roof
- What is the value of the work being done?
- What is the square footage of the roof?
- How many stories is the structure?
- What type of materials is being used? (shingles, torch down, shake, tile etc…).
- If new construction or addition, we need to know the building permit number.
- Application is reviewed for compliance.
- If application information is complete and approved and all applicable fee payments were completed on Fast Track, the roof permit is issued to property owner or contractor and emailed to the contact information listed on the Fast Track permit application.