The Zoning Division is required to review residential fence permits by Orange County. All residential fence permit applications are reviewed for compliance with the County’s land development regulations. Fence Permits are reviewed for proper placement, height and other specific standards.
Residential fence permits must be obtained by electronic submittal. The fence permit is issued to the either the property owner or contractor. A residential fence permit expires within 180 days of approval. For structural walls or concrete columns; complete and submit an Application for Building/ Land Use Permit, to be reviewed by the Division of Building Safety.
Electronic Fence - Permit Submittal Guidelines:
- Electronic Fence Permits must be submitted online through Orange County Fast Track.
- Submissions must include a completed, legible dimensioned site plan or a dimensioned survey with the proposed location of the fence notated (to scale).
- If the proposed fence is located in an easement, a completed and signed Easement Acknowledge Form must also be submitted.
- Refer to your survey, or recorded plat if applicable, to see if there are any easements on your property. Recorded plats are available on the property appraisers website:
- Only PDF files shall be submitted. Fees for the site plan, the file name shall be 'A100-Siteplan- Fence'.
For the Easement Acknowledge form, the file name shall be 'A200-EasementForm-Fence'. Orange County Fast Track is case sensitive, copy the file name exactly as depicted above. If the file is not named as depicted above, the system will reject the permit
- Only the homeowner or contractor may complete the application.
- Applications that are denied will be sent a denial email.
- The submitted application may be amended/corrected in order to meet the code requirements.
- Payment is due online after fence application is approved.
- $38 plus(fee schedule)
- Please note that if the permit for a fence is the result of a code enforcement violation, there will be an additional fee of $40.
Phone: (407) 836-3111
Note(s): When utilizing email for questions, please type ‘Fence’ or ‘Pavers’ in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed within 5 business days from receipt. To check on the status of your application, you may visit Orange County Fast Track Zoning Review Zoning Review.