Electrical Permit


  1. Complete and submit an application for an Electrical Permit.
  2. Homeowners doing their own work are required to complete an Owner Builder Disclosure Statement.
  3. If value of work exceeds $2,500, a Notice of Commencement is required.
  4. The following information is required for permit issuance.
    • Building Class: New or Old.
    • Type of Building: Residential, Commercial or Mobile Home.
    • Type of Work: New, Alteration, Addition, Repair, Low Voltage or Meter Reset.
    • Number of fixtures.
    • Will a power call be needed? Yes or No.
    • If no meter service is being installed, then valuation of all materials and fixtures is required.
    • If work is new construction or addition, a building permit is required.
  5. Additional Information:
    • Meter Reset Permit is a one-time stand-alone permit, used when power has been off. This type of permit is usually required by the power company prior to reinstating power to the home.
    • If electrical permit is for A/C please provide unit tonnage and heating (KW’s, BTU’s, etc…).
    • If electrical permit is for Low Voltage, please specify (e.g. phones, televisions, speakers, security systems, thermostats, garage door openers, doorbells, chimes etc…).
    • A Temporary Pole is a standalone permit used for construction purposes only.
    • When obtaining an electrical permit on a vacant piece of property a Letter of Intent is required.
  6. Application is reviewed for compliance.
  7. For approved applications, an invoice is issued which must be paid by the applicant to the cashier.
  8. The electrical permit is issued to the property owner or contractor.


Fee Schedule. 

Contact Us

For questions, please call Permitting (Sub-Trades):
Phone: (407) 836-5564