Demand is not only for open park space, but also for additional multi-purpose sports fields and new trails.
- Deputy Scott Pine Community Park: $3.7 million for development of the 19.5-acre park that includes two multi-purpose fields – one for multi-purpose use and the other for the new Windermere High School football stadium.
- East Orange District Park Recreation Center: a Legislative Line Item grant in the amount of $1 million has been approved by the State of Florida to help build a $2 million recreation center in Christmas.
- Dr. P. Phillips Community Park Ball Fields: $4.8 million to install up to four new Little League baseball fields and concession for use by the community, built on OCPS school property in the Dr. Phillips area.
- Magnolia Park Ecotourism Park: $4.45 million will be used to build the Magnolia Park Ecotourism Park, which includes a concession building, pavilion, dock, parking and more.
- Barber Park Splash Pad: $500,000 for a splash pad.
- Cypress Grove Park Land: acquisition of nine acres of land adjacent to the park.
- Turnbull Park Improvements: $34,000 to install picnic tables, grills and a portable restroom.
- Yucatan Park Playground Cover: $110,000 to replace an existing fabric playground cover with a metal roof.
- Warren Park Canoe/Kayak Launch: $75,000 to construct a canoe/kayak launch for easy access to Lake Conway.
- Capehart Park Court Cover: $225,000 to install a metal cover over the basketball court.
- The Grow Community Park: $5 million for construction of this 20-acre Lake Pickett South Property project within a future development.
The remaining budget will be leveraged with matching funds from private, not-for-profit and governmental agencies for other Orange County Parks and Recreation projects, not yet determined.
Park Development Criteria include:
- Identified in Park Growth Analysis
- Must be a community park or larger
- If land is purchased, the site must have a sufficient amount of developable uplands
Trail Development Criteria include:
- Ranked in the Orange County Trails Master Plan
- Must be ranked and awaiting funding in MetroPlan’s Project Prioritization List or Transportation Improvement Plan
- Land must be available