1. Submit a completed, legible, and signed application for a residential fence permit [if the fence is chain link, vinyl, stockade (wood), or picket only] to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the type and height of the fence.
2. Submit two copies of a site plan or a survey, which must be submitted on a dimensioned plan scaled to fit letter, legal, or ledger paper.
3. Indicate on the survey or site plan the proposed location of the fence.
4. No file larger than 10 Mb will be accepted.
5. Only PDF files will be accepted.
6. The subject property cannot be a corner lot or a lakefront lot.
7. Fence applications will be logged into our drop-off system the same day as received and will be reviewed within 7 to 10 business days from receipt. Applicants will receive an email confirmation along with a tracking number for their submitted application.
8. Applicants must pay permit fees through an active escrow account or via the Credit Card Authorization Form.
9. Additional fees for printing will be charged when necessary.
Applications that are denied will be discussed with the applicant. The application may be either amended/corrected, or if applicable, the applicant may choose to apply for a variance from the Code requirements.
Note: Typical processing time for an electronic submittal may be up to 7 to 10 business days.