Through the INVEST program, Orange County Public Works will address pedestrian and bicycle safety in a coordinated, comprehensive, and consistent manner at selected intersections and provide corridor improvements that may include:
- Pedestrian crosswalks at uncontrolled locations and new mid-block crossings.
- Rapid flashing beacons and Speed Feedback Signs.
- Crosswalk Upgrades to special emphasis standards.
- Intersection improvements to reduce pedestrian crossing time.
- Pedestrian lighting at intersections and crosswalks with high pedestrian volume.
- Audible Pedestrian Signals.
- Small sidewalk connections.
- Traffic signal upgrades to include pedestrian signals on all approaches, overhead Turning Vehicles Yield to Pedestrian signs, and back plates with reflective borders.
Improvements will be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act infrastructure guidelines. Visit Orange County’s Americans with Disabilities Act webpage for more information.