Who needs to enroll?
- Employees who would like to make changes to their benefits elections.
- Employees who would like to contribute to a Spending Account in 2022.
- Employees who would like to change their covered dependents.
Employees who do not wish to make changes, do not need to complete open enrollment elections. Current 2021 elections will roll over to 2022.
Log in to myOCPortal to make changes to your benefits elections and review your
Open Enrollment Confirmation statement.
For assistance, please plan to join one of our virtual open enrollment assistance sessions. Click on the “WebEx Assistance Sessions” tab for more information. If you miss them, they will be recorded and available for you to re-watch.
- Watch the 2022 Open Enrollment
for detailed information on what you may need to do after completing
- Open Enrollment starts at 12:00 a.m. ET on Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Open Enrollment ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 14, 2021. It is recommended you print your confirmation statement in order to verify your elections.
- Applicable dependent documentation is due to HR on or before 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 28, 2021. For additional information, click on the “Adding Dependents” tab.
- Applicable medical underwriting applications are due to The Standard on or before 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday. October 28, 2021.
- Ensure that your Health Savings Account is open and active so the County can deposit your annual $750/$1,250 in January 2022.
What you need to know...
Life & Disability Insurance
Enrollment changes may require you to complete medical underwriting, for details see the Medical
For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with Medical and dental plans, email our Cigna Onsite Representatives atOCRep@Cigna.com
What is required for Open Enrollment? Refer to Eligibility and Rules section of employee benefits handbook.
- Initial Enrollment: If dependent is being added to County healthcare coverage for the first time then dependent documentation is required.
- Dependent Child (biological, adopted/custodial, or grandchild): If dependent child has ever been covered on one or more healthcare plans (medical, dental, or vision), and is being added to another healthcare plan, additional documentation is not required.
- Spouse/Step Child: If dependent spouse or step child has been covered on one or more healthcare plans (medical, dental, or vision) within the last five (5) years, and is being added to another healthcare plan, additional documentation is not required.
- Example: Biological child is currently enrolled in dental and vision for 2021. That same child is being added to medical for 2022. No additional documentation is required.
- Example:Adopted child is not currently enrolled in medical, dental or vision. Adopted child is being added to dental for 2022. Documentation IS required as this is the initial enrollment.
- Example: Spouse was enrolled in the County’s medical benefits plan seven years ago. Spouse is being added to dental for 2022. Documentation IS required as this is the initial enrollment.
Supporting document must be submitted to HR on or before October 28, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Employees can upload dependent documentation directly to our secure Box.com folder
- Employee ID, last name, and “OE” should be included in the title of the dependent documentation prior to upload.
- If documentation is not received by the deadline, the dependent will not be added.
HR Service Centers
Retiree Open Enrollment
November 1 – November 12, 2021
Contact Chard-Snyder at 888-993-4646 for assistance with enrollment.
Contact Cigna at 1-800-244-6224 for assistance with understanding your plan options.
For general assistance, email email@example.com.
An assistance session will be held specifically for retirees on Thursday, October 28, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The session will be recorded and posted on this page if you are unable to attend. See below for more details, including the link to attend.
Register for WebEx Assistance Session
- Webinar Recording
- Retiree Open Enrollment PowerPoint Presentation
- Sample Open Enrollment Letter
WebEx Assistance Sessions
Open Enrollment assistance sessions will be held via WebEx this year. Each session will include a representative from various areas of Human Resources, including the Benefits team, and our network providers.
Retiree Assistance Session
- Thursday, October 28, 10:30 a.m. – Register
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WebEx sessions will be recorded and available for replay.
Health Savings Account
Health Savings Account (HSA) – Cigna/HSA Bank
If you have enrolled in the OrangePrime Plus plan (HDHP), ensure your HSA account is open and active so the County can deposit your annual $750/1250 in January 2022.
When enrolling for your HSA account:
- Click “begin online enrollment.”
- Step one will require you to input your name, date of birth, social security number, address, and contact information.
- Step two will provide you with an opportunity to review your application.
- Step three is your confirmation – be sure to print a copy of your application for your records.
Employees without an open/active HSA account at the time of funding will receive the cash in their paycheck minus applicable taxes.
Need help? Reach out to our Cigna Onsite Reps at OCRep@Cigna.com. They are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Benefits Handbook HSA
- Benefits Handbook FSA
- Spending Accounts Comparison Chart
- Helpful HSA Account Setup Instructions
- HSA Application
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Chard-Snyder
If you would like to contribute to an FSA in 2022, log into the myOCPortal during open enrollment to elect 2022 coverage. Your prior year elections will NOT automatically roll over.
- Medical and Limited Purpose FSAs are unchanged.
- The annual contribution limit remains $2,750
- Dependent care FSA is also unchanged
- The annual contribution limit remains $5,000
For assistance, contact Chard-Snyder at 1- 888-993-4646 or email@example.com