If you live in a single-family home, you will receive one orange and one green bin free of charge. Request bins online or call the Solid Waste Hotline at (407) 836-6601. Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery.
What goes in the orange bin:
- Pasteboard (cereal and shoe boxes, and empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened and cut 3x3 ft or less)
- Phone books
- Magazines and catalogs
- Brown paper bags
- Junk mail
- Office paper
What goes in the green bin:
- Metal cans (tin, aluminum, steel)
- Plastic bottles and containers
- Aseptic containers (drink boxes and milk/juice cartons)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Glass bottles and jars
Do not mix recyclables with your household garbage.
Remember, recycling is required by Orange County Code.
- Do not use plastic bags for recycling.
- Excess newspapers and magazines may be stacked and tied with string.
- Save space in the bin and collection truck by flattening cans, cartons, and plastic bottles when possible.
- Write your street address on your bins.
- When your bins are full, place overflow recyclables in brown paper grocery bags or in cardboard boxes no larger than the size of a recycling bin and put them next to your recycling bins at the curb.