Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Office Hours Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., closed Sunday
Phone Number: (407) 254-1940
8777 Winter Garden - Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32836
Points of Interest:
Trailblazers Update: Palmetto Passage is closed. All other trails are open but are saturated from recent rainfall.
Home of the Vera Carter Environmental Center which provides a variety of exhibits and displays. Hike on miles of trails and participate in ongoing environmental programs. No dogs or bicycles allowed.
- Join the Trailblazer Program: hike 20 miles in the Preserve and get a free T-shirt!
- Bird Checklist
- Eco Education Programs 2018-19
- EcoSaturdays Programs: Join us for these free programs at 11 a.m. on the following dates. Classes are first come, first served up to class limit; seating is limited so please arrive early.
- February 16: Lost in Pace -- Discover the basics of using a compass to find your way through a compass course! Learn why compasses are important and how math plays a role in using this simple piece of equipment. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- February 23: Guided Hike -- Learn about Florida’s ecosystems as we hike the trails. Come prepared to walk at least one mile; remember proper footwear, sunscreen and bug repellant. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- March 23: Bird Watching Basics -- What kind of bird is that? All you need to get started birding are three simple things – binoculars, a field guide, and some bird watching basics! Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- March 30: Guided Hike -- Learn about Florida’s ecosystems as we hike the trails. Come prepared to walk at least one mile; remember proper footwear, sunscreen and bug repellant. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- Nature Nuts!, now through March 2019
- Tibet-Butler Preserve brochure
- Tibet-Butler Preserve trail map